All these legal measures culminated in the Royal Decree dated 5 November 1900, which set forth the requirement of a compulsory licensing and an official qualification issued by the Ministry of Agriculture, Industry, Commerce and Public Works to practice as business agents. In addition, the practice of the profession was declared incompatible with that of any active employment paid by the State, Province or municipality and forced the agents to pay a deposit of 5,000 pesetas (a huge amount by that time) to guarantee their management. A Royal Order approved the program for admission to the Association of Business Agents of Madrid.
The Regulations of the Association which, along with the fees, was governed by Royal Order of 25 February 1901, required an entrance fee of 250 pesetas, that had to be paid before taking possession of the title. In addition, a monthly fee was paid, approved by the General Meeting, as well as a rate of 1.50 pesetas per each power of attorney accepted, and 0.50 pesetas per administrative authorization, unless the client had been declared impecunious. Each certificate issued by the Association had a price of one peseta, and a fee of 5 percent was paid in equal proportions by the two agents involved in a purchase, loan or other transaction conducted with the mediation of the Association.
In addition, the Institution charged 2.50 pesetas for each card to be exhibited before the public offices, and it was necessary to have at least one of these cards at the beginning of each year. In addition, money was also collected for the bulletin of the association, for the list of fees that could be collected, and for the certificates of the official archive of the Association.
On October 10, 1901, a Royal Order was also approved, regulating the program for admission to the Association of Business Agents of Madrid. Subsequently, the Royal Order of February 25, 1901 extended to the whole Spanish territory the compulsory nature of the membership, approving the rates for the collection of professional fees, and through another order, dated June 13, 1901, this compulsory membership was limited to those cities with more than 15 business agents or to those cases where two or more cities could bring together that number of professionals, subject to the filing of the relevant application before the Ministry of Agriculture, Industry, Commerce and Public Works.